Monday, April 4, 2011

Failed AUD, so let down

Got my score in snail mail on Saturday, so let down.  Score of 70.

Failure, at the end of my rope, let down, want to crawl in a hole. I have never experienced these feeling before. Why did I fail?

I felt crummy about the multiple choice and so I should have, weak in every area except for one. Had a strong showing in the simulations. Well thank goodness I was good at something audit related. I finished the exam with an hour to spare, I think I raced to quickly through the multiple choice questions for fear of running out of time. I was finishing the test-lets within 28-34 minutes, next time I will relax and give them more time.

I am an auditor with 10 years of experience, and not just small audits I do A-133 audits with millions in federal money.  I am the lead auditor and train all of our interns and new staff members, how can I fail audit after putting in so much time?!  Why am I so horrible at multiple choice?!?

Tough to tell people that I failed. Ugh, back to the drawing board to revise my "perfect" study schedule and techniques to something that will work.

One think that I have heard of the recent passers is that they did the multiple choice questions 2-3 times each, I only got through my material once.

5 comments:

  1. I Know how you feel but don't stay down for too long. I think the key to passing is getting through the MCQ's atleast twice. You got a 70 with only going through once. That's still very good. Don't worry you know what to do next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement, everyone around me has been very positive about my score except for me. I think I just let myself down, but in the end when I have my CPA no one will care how many times it took me to pass the exams to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn,

    I think you nailed it when you said you were going to relax and take your time.

    A testing environment can be very intimidating - at times feeling like you've been arrested and are being fingerprinted and booked. LOL

    Confidence and relaxation can make all the difference in the world.

    It's not the end of the world, and you're certainly not alone in your experience. Hundreds of thousands of extremely smart and competent people have failed at least one part of the exam.

    Good luck and let us all know how you do next time!

    Chris Austin,
    Bisk CPA Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you failed Audit with the exact score as I did! crazy. Is this your first time taking it? I failed 2x already, this being my 3rd. I hear auditors failing this section because this exam covers a very wide area of auditing and not everyone does everything the cpa covers in their jobs. I never done an audit in my life so I find this to be extra challenging. I'm trying to figure out how to study this 3rd time around but I think Im going to focus more on flashcards and more multiple choice questions than my previous 2 attempts. Hopefully next time we both pass!! :)

    ps. I have a blog also if you aren't following already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my second time taking it but I didn't study the first time (Got a 50). So this is my real first time with study in! It actually covers most of what auditor's have to deal with on an audit, just way more detailed. In the real world when odd & unusual things happen you look it up and find the guidance on what you need to do. On the CPA exam they expect you to know it from memory, all of it.

    Overall, I am just a strong critical thinker, and critically think my MCQ's into the ground. I second guess myself all the time.

    Someone else posted that when they did the MCQ's 1 time they scored in the 70's, 2 times scored in the 80's, and 3 times scored in the 90's. So I am concentrating on 2-3 times on all the MCQ's.

    I was strong on the simulations, so not going to touch that area.

    When are you taking AUD? I should be getting my NTS any day now.

    ReplyDelete