Friday, July 8, 2011

Priorities and the CPA exam

In life, we choose whether or not we want to be a winner or a loser by the simple choices we make day in and day out. We choose to study or not, we choose to focus on whats important or slack off for a day.


I would rather watch the special television shows that my daughter and me love so much instead of outlining a chapter and making notes on it.
I would rather teach my son how to make a broccoli and chicken casserole instead of listening to the lectures on the chapter I just outlined.
I would rather go to the Harry Potter premier with my bestest friend and then go for massages after than study for the entire day to finish a review of an entire section.
I would rather spend the evenings in my husbands arms laughing at our comedy shows and playing games together than making flashcards on the questions that are difficult for me.


Priorities are difficult for me to see the difference between. My children are 14 & 17 and they still like me, they think I am smart and come to be for guidance (for the moment) and I hope to keep those relationships intact.


My priority are always my family first, so how can I put my family first and still study enough to pass the CPA exam? I thought about this for quite some time and realized that passing the exam will greatly benefit my entire family more in the long run of things. I need to think of the benefits this will provide my family in the years to come and not what its taking away from them here today. 


Benefits in future - potential employment opportunities: my own business, my daughter to work with me, larger income, more vacations, retire sooner.


Now that I have my head screwed on straight it will become easier for me to spend the time studying because I know its an investment into our future.


"Purposeful work means you care deeply about something. You're passionate about doing it."

2 comments:

  1. nice and so motivating! thanks Adam. I have been following your blog for last few months. Hope you pass FAR this window. best of luck dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I hope I pass this window as well. I have put in the work, lets hope it pays off!

    ReplyDelete