Friday, May 20, 2011

Four Days until AUD exam

Four more days until my audit exam. Last minute cram session is on!

For those that don't know or follow me, I took audit back in February and scored a 70 and I decided to take it again this window since all the information was still fresh in my mind.

I went through only the MCQ's (multiple choice questions) in my study material, then I made flash cards on the questions I got wrong or my trouble spots. These really helped me to commit the information to memory. So I am now going through my own final review of all the materials which looks like this:

Final Re-review schedule
Planning  -  MCQ (2nd time) Scored 85-90% on them, Yay, moved on
Internal Control - MCQ (2nd time) Scored 70%, went through area's that I scored low in
Audit Evidence - MCQ's (1st time) Scored 75%,  moved on
Audit Reporting - MCQ's (2nd time) Going to do this weekend
SSARS - MCQ's (2nd time) This weekend
International - MCQ's (2nd time) This weekend
Professional Responsibilities (2nd time) - Light review as I scored really high here

Last February I scored above average on my simulation, which was expected since I have 10 years of auditing experience, and was weak in each area except professional responsibilities. My goal is to be familiar with everything to ensure at least the same score as last time but to boost my Planning, Internal Control, and Audit reporting scores. I will focus on those area's until I score in the 90% on my practice tests.

I think that this schedule will ensure that I get a passing score! One can only hope and then prepare properly to maintain that hope.

2 comments:

  1. How did the test go?

    I am also preparing for Audit and blogging about it.

    http://anythingbut74.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now following your blog, thanks!

    I posted about my audit exam experience today, let me know how yours goes too!

    ReplyDelete