Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My AUD exam experience

These exams are so hit and miss, some questions you feel confident about and others make you wonder if they were out of the same content that you studied. Thats what makes these tests so difficult.

I really concentrated my studies on Planning, Internal Control, and Audit Reporting since these areas were heavily tested when I took the test last February and I can say without a doubt it paid off. I feel good about what I studied and new almost all the answers to these area's. The rest of the multiple choice area's were a toss up, some I knew some I had no idea. I only guessed on 3 questions so that was really good.

IT was 2 questions (which were two of my guess questions), International was 3 questions. There also were several compilation and review questions on this exam, more than I had on my last exam. The first testlet was easy, the second testlet I couldn't tell if it got harder but the questions got more wordier. The third testlet was definitely a hard one as it took me longer and threw in trick questions all over the place. I had planned to spend 45 minutes on each MCQ testlet but ended up spending between 35-40, even after I reviewed my flagged questions.

Simulations, 1 was difficult and I am hoping its the one that is thrown out as I couldn't figure out the answer to 1/6th of it.  Research question was easy, and the rest of the simulation was pretty tolerable, although I did feel it was more difficult than the one I took in February. I would recommend that anyone that would like to prepare for their simulations only work on how to look things up in the research tab as this will help you in the other area's of your simulation since you will have access to it for them as well. Both of my exams had a work paper reference and journal entry tab so know these areas.

I hope that it was enough for a 75 this time! Good luck everyone, and let me know of your experiences.

Now onto Regulation.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on regulation - that was the toughest for me!

    I did find that with business law, you pretty much just can think to yourself "hmm, what would be fair in this situation?" and it tends to be right. Taxes though, that's another beast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Business law is my week area when I took accounting classes, so I know thats goings to be a problem area for me!

    Thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete